Setting the table has always been my favorite thing to do and has turned into an Olympic event at our house! I love to make the table interesting, fun and pretty and it's easy to do if you have some basic items:
- Linens (tablecloth, napkins, runner, placemats)
- Fun & pretty napkin rings
- Charger plates (as my son used to say - the big plate that is useless!)
- Layer your dishes, glasses and utensils. Find salad plates with the holiday theme you are going for. Home Good and Willimas Sonoma are good olaces to find pretty plates!
- Layer holiday decor pieces and florals
- And, if you are British like me (or just love to have fun at the table after dinner) - holiday Crackers are a must and if you can find Tom Smith Crackers - they are the BEST! Williams Sonoma also always has some for the holidays and they are pretty and fun.
- Continue to add items each year until you don't have any room left in your buffet server to store them!! LOL!!